We’ve been around for 50 years. Imagine what we can do in the next 50.
Why leave a gift in your will?
Did you know that Scottish Ensemble is a charity that aims to raise £150,000 in additional donations every year?
We are one of Creative Scotland’s Regularly Funded Organisations, but this only accounts for around a third of the income we need to realise our ambitious programme. Another third is raised by ticket sales and fees for our performances. For the remaining amount, we rely solely on the support of Trusts and Foundations and charitable donations from generous individuals, including gifts in wills.
Without this amazing support, our work would not be possible.
Any gift you leave in your will, no matter the size, will make a real difference to the future of our performances, our musicians and our audiences, ensuring we can continue to inspire and delight future generations of music-lovers for years to come.
What kind of gift can I leave?
There are a variety of ways you can remember Scottish Ensemble in your will:
- by donating a fixed sum of money
- by leaving a small percentage of your estate (even 1% will make a huge difference)
- by offering us a specific gift (such as artwork, antiques or shares)
You can also make a gift in memory of a loved one.
If your estate is liable to inheritance tax it is likely that you will save £400 tax for every £1000 you give us.
How will Scottish Ensemble use a gift I leave in my will?
We will use your gift to:
- Realise our pioneering musical ambitions, from new commissions to ground-breaking cross-artform collaborations
- Inspire the next generation of classical music lovers and string players through our creative learning programme for young people
- Reach deserving communities in even the most isolated parts of Scotland – we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to hear outstanding live classical music, regardless of their location or personal circumstances
- Represent Scottish innovation and artistic excellence on the international stage
Gifts can be general, or, if you would like your gift to be used in a special way, you can let us know. You can be confident that any gift you leave will be used for the purpose for which it was intended, and that it will receive the recognition it deserves.
How do I leave a gift in my will?
Here’s all the information you need:
Name of charity: Scottish Ensemble (Scottish Baroque Ensemble Limited)
Registered Charity Number: SC001539
Address: Centre for Contemporary Arts, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3JD
If you have already made a Will, you can amend this to include Scottish Ensemble by writing a free Letter of Wishes. Your solicitor can help you with this. If you are yet to make a will, we advise that you seek professional advice to do so.
How can I contact you about a gift in my will?
If you would like to find out more about leaving a gift to Scottish Ensemble in your will, or discuss an idea you have already had, please contact our Development & Projects Manager, Scott Crawford Morrison, for a friendly and confidential conversation on 0141 332 4747, or write to Scott at email@example.com
Most of the funding we receive is short-term, but we have long-term ambitions. By leaving us gift in your will, you can help secure the future of the organisation, ensuring we can continue to share the power of our music with audiences across Scotland, the UK and the world.